Login | Register
My pages Projects Community openCollabNet

Discussions > dev > FigTextEditor Patch

gef
Discussion topic

Hide all messages in topic

All messages in topic

Re: [gef-dev] FigTextEditor Patch

Reply

Author hudsonb
Full name Brian Hudson
Date 2008-04-24 05:53:11 PDT
Message *"Do you envisage much else coming into GEF? I'm just wondering how long
to leave it before doing a build and bringing that into ArgoUML."
*
Not that I know of... there just happened to be a bug in ArgoEclipse caused
(in part) by this issue. That's not to say I won't uncover a few more things
that need to be changed in GEF, but scanning through the existing issues in
the ArgoEclipse issue tracker I don't see anything else where its
immediately obvious something will need to be changed in GEF.

*"In future please create an issue in GEF and attach the patch to the
issue. The issues database then gives me a log to use when building
the release notes for the final release."

*No problem I'll definitely do this in the future.

Thanks,

Brian

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Bob Tarling <bob dot tarling at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Excellent
>
> I'll get this committed later today.
>
> Do you envisage much else coming into GEF? I'm just wondering how long
> to leave it before doing a build and bringing that into ArgoUML.
>
> In future please create an issue in GEF and attach the patch to the
> issue. The issues database then gives me a log to use when building
> the release notes for the final release.
>
> Bob.
>
>
> 2008/4/24 Brian Hudson <brian.r.hudson@g​mail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Attached is a small path to FigTextEditor.
> >
> > As can be seen in the patch, I've simply changed the constructor to
> search
> > up the component hierarchy for an instance of RootPaneContainer instead
> of
> > JFrame (JFrame implements the RootPaneContainer interface).
> >
> > This allows the layeredPane to be located correctly in situations where
> GEF
> > may be embedded such as within a JApplet or within SWT using the SWT_AWT
> > bridge.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brian
> > --------------------​--------------------​--------------------​---------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe at gef dot tigris dot org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help at gef dot tigris dot org
> >
>
> --------------------​--------------------​--------------------​---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe at gef dot tigris dot org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help at gef dot tigris dot org
>
>
Attachments

Re: [gef-dev] FigTextEditor Patch

Reply

Author bobtarling
Full name Bob Tarling
Date 2008-04-24 00:17:38 PDT
Message Excellent

I'll get this committed later today.

Do you envisage much else coming into GEF? I'm just wondering how long
to leave it before doing a build and bringing that into ArgoUML.

In future please create an issue in GEF and attach the patch to the
issue. The issues database then gives me a log to use when building
the release notes for the final release.

Bob.


2008/4/24 Brian Hudson <brian.r.hudson@g​mail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Attached is a small path to FigTextEditor.
>
> As can be seen in the patch, I've simply changed the constructor to search
> up the component hierarchy for an instance of RootPaneContainer instead of
> JFrame (JFrame implements the RootPaneContainer interface).
>
> This allows the layeredPane to be located correctly in situations where GEF
> may be embedded such as within a JApplet or within SWT using the SWT_AWT
> bridge.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
> --------------------​--------------------​--------------------​---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe at gef dot tigris dot org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help at gef dot tigris dot org
>

FigTextEditor Patch

Reply

Author hudsonb
Full name Brian Hudson
Date 2008-04-23 18:08:36 PDT
Message Hello,

Attached is a small path to FigTextEditor.

As can be seen in the patch, I've simply changed the constructor to search
up the component hierarchy for an instance of RootPaneContainer instead of
JFrame (JFrame implements the RootPaneContainer interface).

This allows the layeredPane to be located correctly in situations where GEF
may be embedded such as within a JApplet or within SWT using the SWT_AWT
bridge.

Thanks,

Brian
Attachments
Messages per page: