- Project tools
- How do I...
|Over 500 more tools...
Site Maintenance: Dec 6th 7:00 PM PST to Dec 7th 7:00 AM PST
The Site is scheduled for maintenance and will be unavailable during the period. Sorry about the inconvenience.
There will be a brief maintenance window every Friday at 17:00 Pacific.
For further details, see CollabNet's maintenance and upgrade policy.
If you were registered and logged in, you could join this project.
The goal of the GEF project is to build a graph editing library
that can be used to construct many, high-quality graph editing
applications. Some of GEF's features are:
- A simple, concrete design that makes the framework easy to
understand and extend.
- Node-Port-Edge graph model that is powerful enough for the vast
majority of connected graph applications.
- Model-View-Controller design based on the Swing Java UI library
makes GEF able to act as a UI to existing data structures, and also
minimizing learning time for developers familiar with Swing.
- High-quality user interactions for moving, resizing, reshaping,
etc. GEF also supports several novel interactions such as the broom
alignment tool and selection-action-buttons.
- Generic properties sheet based on JavaBeans introspection.
- XML-based file formats based on the PGML standard (soon to