- Project tools
- How do I...
|Over 500 more tools...
2020-04-07: This site is going to be decommissioned and shut down on 2020-07-01. Please copy and archive any data you wish to keep before that date.
If you were registered and logged in, you could join this project.
The goal of the GEF project is to build a graph editing library
that can be used to construct many, high-quality graph editing
applications. Some of GEF's features are:
- A simple, concrete design that makes the framework easy to
understand and extend.
- Node-Port-Edge graph model that is powerful enough for the vast
majority of connected graph applications.
- Model-View-Controller design based on the Swing Java UI library
makes GEF able to act as a UI to existing data structures, and also
minimizing learning time for developers familiar with Swing.
- High-quality user interactions for moving, resizing, reshaping,
etc. GEF also supports several novel interactions such as the broom
alignment tool and selection-action-buttons.
- Generic properties sheet based on JavaBeans introspection.
- XML-based file formats based on the PGML standard (soon to